To assist with the preparation of food in the Loaf Catering outlets. The Food & Beverage Team Members will work with the Loaf team to produce an exciting brand which promotes healthy eating while creating training and employment opportunities for local people with learning difficulties.
1. Inspire and support NOW Group catering students through provision of training and assessment opportunities in conjunction with training staff.
2. Deliver food and drink to our visitors, to the Loaf standard
3. Prepare food to the standard required by Loaf
4. Cleaning of the kitchen, it’s surrounds and equipment to a high standard.
5. Adhere to existing work practices, methods and procedures.
6. Undertake relevant training and development activities and respond positively to new and alternative systems.
7. Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines, where appropriate.
8. Provide high levels of customer service to café and function catering customers.
9. Ensure security and safety of staff, participants, premises, stock and cash at all times.
10. To follow Health and Safety Regulations including Fire, Hygiene H.A.C.C.P and C.O.S.S.H.
11. Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall job function.
This job description in not definitive and may be subjective to review as the duties and the
1. Ability to work under pressure.
2. A can –do attitude.
3. Ability to work evening/weekends as & when required.
4. Previous experience (paid or voluntary) of working in a busy catering environment.
1. Barista trained.
2. Essential Food Hygiene Certificate.
3. Experience of keeping records
4. Knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled people and a commitment to the equal rights.
5. Experience of dealing with customers.
Shortlisting will be based on the evidence that you supply on your application form to satisfactorily demonstrate how, and to what extent, you meet the above criteria. The Shortlisting Panel will not make assumptions as to your circumstances, qualifications, and experience.
Please note that employment with NOW Group may be subject to a check from the Access NI Service. For positions in regulated activity a check of the Data Barring Service (DBS) will be required. For further information please refer to the Access NI Code of Practice at: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
Loaf Catering is a social enterprise that delivers outside catering across Belfast and runs 4 successful Cafes; Loaf Café Bakery based on the Grosvenor Road; The Bobbin Café in Belfast City Hall and Loaf Pottery in Crawfordsburn.