Loaf Catering is a social enterprise that delivers outside catering across Belfast and runs 5 successful Cafes; Loaf Café Bakery based on the Grosvenor Road; The Bobbin Café in Belfast City Hall, Loaf Café in Olympia Leisure Centre, Loaf Pottery in Crawfordsburn and Loaf Cafe at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh.
We are very excited to commence our expansion into the Republic of Ireland with our new Loaf site in Kilmainham, Dublin and have an exciting opportunity to join this team as Food & Beverage Team Member.
As a Food & Beverage Team Member you will assist with the preparation of food in and work with the Loaf team to produce an exciting brand which promotes healthy eating while creating training and employment opportunities for local people with learning difficulties.
1. Comply fully with NOW Group's 'Organsiational Approach to Safeguarding' ensuring that knowledge and skills in this area are kept up to date to ensure the safety and well being of participants. This includes the notification to Senior Management of any untoward incident / accident involving either staff or participants, and the recording and reporting of any such incident/accident to the appropriate authorities.
2. Inspire and support NOW Group catering students through provision of training and assessment opportunities in conjunction with training staff.
3. Be an ambassador for Loaf Catering, providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
4. Deliver and prepare food and drink for our visitors in line with Loaf quality standards
5. Carry out cleaning tasks as per the daily/weekly schedule to a high standard.
6. Adhere to existing work practices, methods and procedures.
7. Undertake relevant training and development activities and respond positively to new and alternative
8. Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines, where appropriate.
9. Ensure security and safety of staff, participants, premises, stock and cash at all times.
10. To follow Health and Safety Regulations including Fire, Hygiene H.A.C.C.P and C.O.S.S.H.
11. Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall job function.
This job description in not definitive and may be subjective to review as the duties and the responsibilities determine.
1. Ability to work under pressure
2. A can –do attitude.
3. Ability to work evening/weekends as & when required.
4. Previous experience (paid or voluntary) of working in a busy catering environment.
1. Barista trained.
2. Essential Food Hygiene Certificate
3. Experience of keeping records
4. Knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled people and a commitment to the equal rights.
5. Experience of dealing with customers.
We are fully committed to providing employment opportunities to people making positive changes in their lives. Therefore, having a criminal conviction does not prevent you from applying for this position. All applicants will be required to undergo Vetting consistent with legal requirements.
If interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Loaf Catering is a social enterprise delivering outside catering for events across Greater Belfast. Our flagship building Loaf Café on the Grosvenor Road is home to our food preparation and production unit for all outside catering and supply to our other sites; The Bobbin Café in Belfast City Hall, Loaf Pottery in Crawfordsburn, Olympia Leisure Centre, and the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. All our profits support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future.